Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mabinogi 2

Master Hunter

Mabinogi 2

Thisisgame
    Steparu

Notes:
    -This game was designed to be action oriented.
    -Not as hardcore as Heroes/Vindictus.
    -Gameplay is "interactive", seems to be highly situation/cue based ("reaction" commands are mentioned)
    -You play with the arrow keys and ZXC.
    -There will be instances. It's not clear if instances are the entire game.
    -There is customisation, it's not clear how much.
    -Uses Silvervine Engine, made from scratch by Devcat for Mabinogi II.
    -Players are warriors of/for Morrighan (steparu says oriana, he read wrong).
    -The gods are battling for supremacy via a proxy war with people.
    -"play + observe", "arena" refers to spectators.
    -Rather than a straight up MMORPG they refer to it as an MMO-Arena game. Heavy emphasis on this.
    -When running an instance, the more spectators a player has the better the items that will drop? You can hand out items to the spectators and the spectators can chip in items or even jump in to lend a hand.
    -"Five classes, five fighting styles, five body types".
    -Seems to feature stylised cel shaded graphics. Delicious.

Before people start complaining that this is different from Mabinogi, that's the point. If you don't like Mabinogi II and prefer Mabinogi then you can keep playing Mabinogi.
    Last edited by Mystickskye; 11-02-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Outdated. Need to kill me an Amatsu.

It did say fighting styles can be mixed at least.
    And the classes appear to be Lifer, Warrior, Bard, Ranger, and Mage.
    Also there does not appear to be gender locking of any sort, as both male and female warriors have been exampled.

Also this is technically another game so..
    Alexina - Kadalyn - Compress Mage (ice/healing) - Master Apothecary
    Mari - Mufflyn - Newbie Rogue
    tumblr

Dungeon Guard
    Looks very similar to Vindictus. I haven't played Vindictus but just from seeing the gameplay videos, they do look annoyingly similar.

One of the main reasons I like Mabi is because of the anime style graphics and they've thrown that idea away, but I guess its to appeal to a wider audience which is fair enough.

One thing I really hope it has is character customization, and lots of super awesome, sexy, fancy clothes and armors. :3

I don't think it was thrown away so much as that that's what 2000 was capable of and this is what 2012 is capable of.
    And in my opinion, Vindictus was a stepping stone toward meeting the initial goal of Mabi 2.
    tumblr

Master Hunter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=FcwsRimEx0c
    New gameplay video, actually seems fairly different from Vindictus in terms of gameplay. The ZXC base combat system works like rock paper scissors (eg. Z beats X beats C beats Z etc.) and you have some skills hotkeyed.

Anyway regarding the video, from left to right the four characters are labelled:
    Ringring
    Weapon Class: Wandering minstrel
    Fighting Style: Trickster
    Character Body: Shorty

Nonomi
    Weapon Class: Prosecutor (???)
    Fighting Style: Landwalker
    Character Body: (can't make it out)

Sparrow
    Weapon Class: Archer
    Fighting Style: Technician
    Character Body: Slender

Dark Colossus
    Weapon Class: Warrior/fighter
    Fighting Style: (dunno, bear dragger?)
    Character Body: I think hunk? O_o

From there when the person choose Nonomi it lists some moves beneath:
    (dunno)
    Heavy stander guard
    Smash
    Tension Breaker

And the dungeon they choose is Alby! The other is [something] Underground Prison. Boss at the end is Glas :B Towards the end of the fight "BODY STRENGTH IS INSUFFICIENT!" or something similar flash onscreen in big orange letters (maybe a strength debuff?) followed not long after by a time warning. Some time after that in large yellow writing "holy spear is in the process of arriving" (I think the thing that ends the battle at the end of the time limit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5EsdVxHLE
    Another similar video run of Alby dungeon.

Dungeon Guard
    (Im just thinking out loud here)
    This is probably because its still in beta, but I really hope they don't make the newbie things too epic. If its too epic to begin with, there's no room for more epicness with higher levels and it won't feel as worth it once reaching teh higher levels.
    And again, probably because its in beta, each class seems to have a set character. Clones everywhere! I really hope they add full character customization.
    One last thing, :P I can just see myself getting carpel tunnel from that zxc mashing. ><

Overall my hopes for this game is slowly fading.

It's not even in beta.
    tumblr

Master Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCopter View Post
    (Im just thinking out loud here)And again, probably because its in beta, each class seems to have a set character.
    You're getting confused by this demo. There are preset types because it's a demo. As I said in the first post there are five "classes", five fighting styles and five body types, these can be mixed and matched (according to current info anyway). These are just preset characters because they want to drop people quickly into the demo, rather than have people faff around mixing up their chars.

And as Kad said it's not in beta. Not in closed beta, not in open beta, no beta.
    Last edited by Mystickskye; 11-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.

So im thinking....Since dfo will be closed down...doesnt that turn this into the closes game to DFO?
    Server - Qilla Base Camp
    IGN - Iilk
    Full-time Puppeteer

^Guess which letter my name starts with.

Fox Supporter
    I was arguing with someone that Mabinogi would probably still be more popular, after seeing that video I am sure I am correct. Its a dungeon crawler, doesnt Nexon already host 3 or 4 of those style of games already?

Mabinogi 2, in my opinion. Keep the graphics, in fact do not move anything. At most, expand the current cities and give it more room, it will be needed. Then re-design all the textures without changing the current colors and design too much, make the textures more 3 dementional*. Then re-design all the clothing(expeshally the older clothing, then it can be used instead of ignored), and character models, make it so my arm doesn't float off my body when doing some animations(and touch up on the hairs, making the hairs have more texture to them would be like icing on a really good cake!). Finally is just touching up on the attack animations so they still work properly with the newly designed world.

This is the perfect Mabinogi 2, and it could be just an awesome huge patch(or just a fresh new download).